There’s nothing like sparkling clean windows to help your home look beautiful. If washing windows isn’t one of your favorite tasks, you’ll be glad to know there are ways to keep them looking clean as long as possible. Here are some tips on how to clean your windows to ensure yours look as good as possible, for as long as possible.
Use the Right Window Cleaning Techniques
The method you use to clean your windows can affect how long they remain clean. For best results, use a cleaning solution that contains ammonia or vinegar, as these two ingredients do not leave residue behind that might attract dirt. Never use towels or rags to dry your windows, since they might shed lint. Instead, use newspapers or lint-free cloths to dry them.
You may want to consider using a sealant when cleaning your windows to help repel dirt and grime. Carnuba wax, when thinly applied, provides a protective coating that makes it difficult for dirt to stick to your windows. Be sure to buff it evenly to ensure it is virtually unnoticeable. There are also products you can mix into your rinse water that will provide a protective coating, and are similar to those added to the rinse cycle at self-service car washes.
Other Window Cleaning Tips
There are a few other things you can do to keep your windows clean longer, including:
• Having your windows cleaned in the early morning to avoid spots caused by sunlight drying the cleaning solution
• Keeping your home well ventilated to prevent condensation from forming in between your windows
• Dusting the inside of your home on a regular basis to prevent it from forming on your inside panes of glass
• Keeping windowsills and tracks clean so dirt won’t be attracted to your windows
• Inspecting your windows on a regular basis and spot cleaning as needed
These are tips on how to clean your windows and keep them looking their very best at all times. To find out more about replacement windows contact us.